Wish Referral Specialist (Bilingual)
This position oversees the communication for all incoming referrals and is the first point of contact for potential wish families.
S/he is responsible for ensuring the complex rules around qualification for a wish are followed while maintaining a high degree of diplomacy and customer satisfaction to both internal and external constituents.
This person expedites and documents referrals with efficiency within the policies and procedures set by the Make-A-Wish America and the local Make-A-Wish® chapter.
This position must be comfortable working with volunteers who help educate wish families about the Make-A-Wish journey.
Additionally, this person will work directly with families to communicate Make-A-Wish needs through the initial stages of the wish process with the Family Orientation Program and must be comfortable with handling difficult conversations with a high degree of customer service.
This is a fast-paced position that requires attention to detail and flexibility with rapidly changing situations.
- Ensures incoming referrals are expedited within standards of recommended time period. Keep abreast of Make-A-Wish America policies, guidelines, and resources as they relate to referral intakes, medical eligibility, and the required wish documentation.
- Processes incoming referrals from wish children, wish parents, or other medical referral sources, with excellent customer service and communication.
- Completes wish referral forms and supports the Intake and Medical Outreach manager in verifying child’s medical eligibility.
- Inputs, updates, maintains and tracks wish child, wish family, and referral source information in Salesforce database system.
- Documents eligible and ineligible referrals, and sends appropriate communication to families informing them of eligibility status.
- Works with wish families to collect signed/secured documentation on Make-A-Wish America paperwork from wish participants and guardians, as well as other necessary documents as required.
- Supports the Intake and Medical Outreach manager in stewarding relationships with medical referral sources
- Oversees the family and volunteer coordination of the Parent Orientation program as well as tracks and reviews the progress of the program to determine areas of improvement. Educates wish families on program and sets realistic expectations as outlined in Parent Handbook, as needed.
- Provides Spanish language support and translations to the chapter as needed, including, but not limited to: translating written materials, interpreting conversations, participating in Spanish language interviews.
- Performs other duties as required
- Detail-oriented individual who has excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Child Development, Non-profit Management, Nursing, or other health/social sciences preferred
- Bilingual required (Spanish-English)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends to ensure coverage as needed; can stand for long periods and carry/set-up display materials. Must be able to travel throughout the state if required.
- Professional customer service skills and excellent phone presentation skills. Must have proven experience in building and sustaining productive long-term relationships
- 2+ years of non-profit/case management experience, social work, or comparable
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of office equipment.
- Knowledge of Salesforce system or similar database, a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage multiple priorities and work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communicate with sensitivity in challenging circumstances
- Effective problem solver
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing and high pressure situations
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Salary Range: $38,000-$40,000
For consideration, please fax resumes and cover letters to (602) 395-0722 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Wish Referral Specialist (bilingual)