You can create a virtual or online fundraising opportunity to help secure the funds you want to raise for future Arizona wish kids. Here are some tips and tricks to make your fundraiser the best!
Build a Custom Fundraising Page
Start a customized online fundraising page. We have an easy Wish Your Way online fundraising tool that helps you set up a page in a few easy steps.
Once you have added all your info and the big reason WHY you are raising funds for Make-A-Wish Arizona, get started by sharing your page.
How to share:
- Email: Customize the email with news about WHY you are raising money for wish kids and HOW MUCH you hope to raise. It’s also good to share WHO will benefit – grab a wish kid story from Arizona.wish.org and use pictures.
- Social media: Assign one key person to be in charge of posting the online fundraising page to key accounts. Then ask each member to share the post to expand your network. Create a unique Wish Week hashtag to track sharing and advertise your efforts. Bonus points if the hashtag trends!
- Phone campaigns: Make a list of all your friends and family member and figure out which ones you have to call personally to ask for a donation. Write a script so you remember all your talking points.
Make sure to set up a nice Thank You note to send out for every donation. Celebrate your progress and show how you are making wishes come true!
Make it a competition!
Award the student with the most donations made in their name with a free parking pass or free yearbook. Which grade can raise the most online? Pie that grade’s favorite teacher in the face during your closing assembly! Be creative and get as many people involved as possible!
Create incentives based on sharing the fundraising link and posting spirit day photos. Can each student be entered to win a gift card to their favorite restaurant? Can you name a Wish Week King or Queen based on participation?
Even spirit days can be virtual!
Take it virtual. Have students dress up in their spirit day attire and post a photo, tagging the school account and sharing the school hashtag (#TigersGrantWishes). Your school account can then share these photos!
Create daily wish week challenges!
- Monday: Sharing challenge! Post, repost, tweet, retweet. The school account will post the online fundraising link and students are encouraged to share it on their social platforms. How many times can students share other student’s posts? Each student can challenge (tag) five friends and family to also share the post and donate online.
- Tuesday: Texting Tuesday! Encourage students to text the fundraising link to five family and friends and ask them to donate to the page.
- Wednesday: Wish Wednesday! Share your “why”. Encourage students to create a short video of why they support Make-A-Wish Arizona. The best “why” wins. Share the video with a photo of the featured wish kid and the online fundraising link.
- Thursday: TikTok Thursday! Have students create a TikTok to the featured wish kid’s favorite song or one somehow themed around the featured wish. Make sure the students share these videos and tag the school’s social media accounts.
- Friday: Final Wish Week Celebration! Social media takeover. Go live! Wear your Wish Week shirts and/or spirit day attire. Announce winners from each daily competition. Share some “why” videos and TikToks. Announce fundraising total. Celebrate your success and the wishes you helped grant!