Council members are elected yearly, with membership terms running from August to June. Members will work together on fundraising projects to help raise awareness and funds about the mission of Make-A-Wish Arizona, supporting more than 400 Arizona wish kids in one fiscal year.
As a part of the Youth Leadership Council, students will learn valuable skills such as leadership, organization, budgeting and planning, that will be helpful in college, at work and beyond. Our goal is to grow this program into a network of youth across Arizona, as we work together to ensure that every eligible child’s wish is granted.
The Youth Leadership Council is currently accepting applications in Maricopa County. *Applicants must be present for an in-person interview, held in July.
Click here to apply
Download Youth Leadership Council Application | PDF (918 KB)
If you’d like to learn more about the Youth Leadership Council, please contact:
Brenna Stewart, External Events Manager
To be a member of the Youth Leadership Council, you must:
- Live in Maricopa County
- Be a member of the student council at your school
- Commit to activities on a one-year term basis
- Be passionate about helping wish kids with life-threatening medical conditions
- Attend monthly meetings during the term to learn about the mission, brand standards, and fundraising procedures at Make-A-Wish Arizona
- Have a committed adult mentor (teacher or student council advisor) willing to help during the term and attend at least one meeting a year
- Create and execute a Wish Week at school with support from advisor, the Youth Leadership Council, and Make-A-Wish mentors
- Be willing to communicate quickly and effectively by phone and email
- Work together with the YLC to advertise and organize several fundraisers each semester with the goal of funding more wishes
As a Youth Leadership Council member, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with Make-A-Wish staff, business professionals, and other youth who are passionate about volunteering and philanthropy
- Develop leadership skills that will help in a future job search or college applications
- Make a difference in the lives of children with life-threatening medical conditions
- Earn volunteer hours
- Receive a certificate of completion
- Have a lot of fun!