Council members are elected yearly, with membership terms running from August to June. Members will work together on fundraising projects to help raise awareness and funds about the mission of Make-A-Wish Arizona, supporting more than 400 Arizona wish kids in one fiscal year.
As a part of the Youth Leadership Council, students will learn valuable skills such as leadership, organization, budgeting and planning, that will be helpful in college, at work and beyond. Our goal is to grow this program into a network of youth across Arizona, as we work together to ensure that every eligible child’s wish is granted.
The Youth Leadership Council is currently accepting applications in Maricopa County. *Applicants must be present for an in-person interview, held in July.
Download Youth Leadership Council Application (PDF File)
If you’d like to learn more about the Youth Leadership Council, please contact:
Brenna Stewart, External Events Manager
Who can apply?
Applicants must meet these criteria:
- An Arizona resident in Maricopa County.
- A member of a student organization at their school.
- In grades 10 through 12.
- Passionate about helping kids with critical illnesses.
- Able to attend monthly meetings in Scottsdale.
What are the requirements?
Members are required to:
- Commit to a one-year term on the council, August to June.
- Commit to planned activities within that year term.
- Commit to planning one individual fundraiser.
- Commit to planning a group fundraiser.
- Complete an interview in June or July.
- Attend an orientation in August.
- Attend monthly meetings during the term.
- Have a committed adult advisor (teacher, or student council advisor) willing to help during the term and attend at least one meeting a year.
As a member, you will have the opportunity to:
- Make a difference in the lives of children with critical illnesses who have been approved for a wish through Make-A-Wish Arizona.
- Have fun learning new skills including customer service, public speaking, personal finances, and marketing.
- Develop strong relationships with Make-A-Wish Arizona staff, business professionals and other youth who are passionate about volunteering and philanthropy.
- Earn volunteer hours.
- Receive a certificate of completion.